Friday, April 12, 2013

Sweet stuff!

While working this week I ran across a recipe for a really EASY dessert. It's literally 2 ingredients. Super simple.

Any way, I'm not sure what to call it but its YUM. All you need is a regular sized can of crushed pineapple and a box of yellow cake mix. Mix the two together, and bake according to package directions. Then, BAM. You have a sort of pineapple cake. 

I was also feeling adventurous this morning while cleaning, and took a can of green apple soda (not even sure why we have it in the house, none of us drink it...), a white cake mix, and 2 cans of apple pie filling. I preheated the oven to 350, then mixed the cake mix and the soda together and let it sit for a few minutes. While the cake mix was sitting, I sprayed the pan with baker's magic (think PAM but made for baking) and then poured the cans of apple pie filling in the pan. I baked for 30 min. Its in the kitchen smelling amazing. I havent tasted it yet, but I will be soon. I'll update as soon as I do!

Anyway, happy day to you!!!

***UPDATE!***

So, my apple cobbler was... well... Amazing. I'm not sure that it qualifies as cobbler but it was AWESOMESAUCE.

And a major thank you to MH for the pineapple cake thing. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment