Monday, April 15, 2013

Beef Veggie soup

I threw this one together last minute, but it turned out super awesome. I had thawed out a chuck roast two days ago and needed to use it before it went bad, so I threw it in the crock pot with some other stuff as well!

Crock Pot Veggie Soup
You'll need:

  • a Chuck roast (probably 3-5lbs, i think mine was 3lbs)
  • 3cups of beef broth (this was just enough to cover everything, you may need more)

I used the following veggies:

  •  two handfuls of green beans (frozen)
  •  a cup of corn (frozen)
  •  a cup of peas (frozen)
  •  a can of tomatoes and okra
  •  and a can of sliced new potatoes

 Seasonings (I used garlic, salt, and pepper)

I literally just threw the meat and all veggies but the new potatoes in the crock pot and covered them with the beef broth. 3 cups was enough to cover all the veggies and meat, depending on the veggies you add and how  large your chuck roast is you may need to add more. I didn't add the new potatoes until about 45 min before serving because I didn't want them to get all mealy and mushy. Cooked on low for 6 hours and the chuck roast was falling apart. I served it over rice and the girl child was asking for seconds, so I'd say it was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment